Hudson's Hope is situated on the banks of the Peace River in North Eastern British Columbia. It is a small rural town of 1100 people, some 80kms from the nearest major Peace River city of Fort St. John and 375kms from the regional city of Prince George. After the exploratory adventures of Alexander Mackenzie and Simon Fraser in the later 1700’s, the Northwest Trading Company established a fur trading post here in 1805. Hudson’s Hope is home to one of the world’s largest earthen dams, the W.A.C. Bennett Dam and G.M.Shrum Generating Station. This dam stretches 2 kms across the Peace River creating B.C.’s largest reservoir, Williston Lake, covering 410,000 acres.